MARCH 2019 CONTEST TEAM AND JUDGE APPS will be available after October 1st, 2018. Please check back later and THANKS for your interest.
- Why was a March date chosen for this contest? East coast teams had been asking for an early season contest to begin their competition season.
- How was the amount of entry fee determined? After the contest site had been chosen and the contract rates negotiated with the site, research was done comparing other contest entry fees with similar prize packages and site amenities. Our entry fee was then set to be in line with comparable contests. The $300.00 fee includes a 50′ x 50′ site, power, water and Friday night stay. Many other contests offer some of these items as “add ons” which then drive up their original lower entry fee.
- What are the ways payment for entry fee may be made? PayPal account or credit or debit card transactions may be submitted via a secure website to protect your information. Payment may also be made by mailing a check to OBR/BBQ GIVES BACK 9625 Peppertree Drive Henrico VA 23238
- Why is there an additional fee for Thursday and/or Saturday night campsite? Bethpage camp-resort charges a fee for any night the site is occupied. As stated in our team application, if teams wish to have anything on the campsite for Thursday and/or Saturday night, then the additional fee must be paid.
- Is the prize money posted? Yes, prize money has been posted on our website banner listed as KCBS PRIZE MONEY. The minimum payout of $8000.00 was posted with the original information released about our contest. In 2017, the payout was increased to $11,000.00 by contest time. The overall and category breakdowns will be posted at a later date.
- What is the “giving back” part of the contest? Our contest is “giving back” to two worthwhile causes. One is the local food bank which will receive cooked pork and dry and canned goods. The second is OBR which will receive a monetary donation from the proceeds. More information may be found about both of these on the website banner listed as GIVING BACK.
- What is the cancellation policy? Prior to February 1st, monies paid will be refunded at 100% less credit card fees. February 1st – March 1st, monies paid will be refunded at 50% less credit card fees. After March 1st, no money will be refunded. The option of donating monies paid to OBR, rather than receiving a refund, will be accepted at any time.
- Will there be assigned camp sites? Yes. However if, prior to March 8th, you request to be near another team, we will try to accommodate your request. On March 8th we have to give Bethpage camp-resort team names and site assignments so no requests will be taken after that time and no changes to site assignments will be made at check in.
- Is there lodging on site? Yes, there are cottages on site that may be reserved and paid for by teams and/or judges by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Please DO NOT contact the campground directly as all reservations must be made by the contest organizer. For more information, please click on the Lodging link on the Welcome page.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask the contest organizers by emailing email@example.com and we will respond as soon as possible.