- 2017 contest information
- Why was a March date chosen for this contest? East coast teams had been asking for an early season contest to begin their competition season.
- How was the amount of entry fee determined? After the contest site had been chosen and the contract rates negotiated with the site, research was done comparing other contest entry fees with similar prize packages and site amenities. Our entry fee was then set to be in line with comparable contests. The $300.00 fee includes a 50′ x 50′ site, power, water and Friday night stay. Many other contests offer some of these items as “add ons” which then drive up their original lower entry fee.
- Why is there an additional fee for Thursday and/or Saturday night campsite? Bethpage camp-resort charges a fee for any night the site is occupied. As stated in our team application, if teams wish to have anything on the campsite for Thursday and/or Saturday night, then the additional fee must be paid.
- Is the prize money posted? Yes, prize money and breakdown has been posted on our website banner listed as KCBS PRIZE MONEY. The minimum payout of $8000.00 was posted with the original information released about our contest. 3-21-17 update – Total KCBS payout raised to $11,000.00!
- Is there a limit to the number of teams that will be accepted? Yes the limit of teams is 72. This number was decided based upon the size of judges area and by the amount of volunteers available to adequately staff the needs of the contest.
- What is the “giving back” part of the contest? Our contest is “giving back” to two worthwhile causes. One is the local food bank which will receive cooked pork and dry and canned goods. The second is OBR which will receive a monetary donation from the proceeds. More information may be found about both of these on the website banner listed as GIVING BACK.
- What is the cancellation policy? Prior to February 1st, monies paid will be refunded at 100% less credit card fees. February 1st – March 1st, monies paid will be refunded at 50% less credit card fees. After March 1st, no money will be refunded. The option of donating monies paid to OBR, rather than receiving a refund, will be accepted at any time.
- Will there be assigned camp sites? Yes. However if, prior to March 9th, you request to be near another team, we will try to accomadate your request. On March 9th we have to give Bethpage camp-resort team names and site assignments so no requests will be taken after that time and no changes to site assignments will be made at check in.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask the contest organizers by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as possible.